Doctor’s Vital Pieces Are Types of Cannulas and Number
The cannula is known as a crucial equipment piece. Any medical practice can never go without it. An injector needs to be familiar with distinctive kinds of available cannulas for usage when the need arises. Usage can determine comfortable or success for the patient during the procedure. More comparison to versatility with aesthetic and medical treatments, cannulas can assist in traditional needle injections. In the field of cosmetology and medicine, there is a range of types of cannulas and numbers.
- Intravenous cannula-
- With the help of a peripheral IV cannula, nurses and doctors can insert medication, fluid, and other compounds into the blood directly via the vein. Just rather than waiting mainly for the patient to ingest them orally.
- The micro cannula’s blunt tip has emerged quickly as a traditional hypodermic alternative needle treatment, specifically for procedures such as the dermal filler’s injection.
- Nasal Cannula or oral-nasal cannula-
- It is generally inserted into the mouth and nostrils instead of the artery. It is generally longer in comparison to the arterial cannula.
- Cannula size 14G-
- The color is orange, and the size is 45mm. It has a flow rate for the plasma of 16.2L/hr, 13.5L/hr for crystalloids, and 10.3L/hr for blood.
- Cannula size 18G-
- The color is green, and the size is 32mm. It has a flow rate for the plasma of 4.8L/hr, 4L/hr for crystalloids, and 2.7L/hr for blood.
- Cannula size 16G-
- The color is grey and has a flow rate for the plasma of 10.8L/hr, 9.4L/hr for crystalloids, and 10.3L/hr for blood.
- Cannula size 22G-
- The color is blue and has a length of 25mm. It has a flow rate for the plasma of 1.9L/hr, 1.7L/hr for crystalloids, and 1.1L/hr for blood.
- Cannula size 20G-
- The color is pink, and the size is 32mm. It has a flow rate for the plasma of 3.2L/hr, 2.9L/hr for crystalloids, and 1.9L/hr for blood.
- Cannula size 24G-
- The color is yellow, and the size is 32mm. It has a flow rate of 20ml/min.
Considerations while cannula usage
- It is necessary to know that cannulation might be painful, and that’s why it is vital to reduce the fear and anxiety in a patient. Cold spray usage can reduce the pain. There is a need for expert handling for avoiding complications from cannulation like embolism, thrombophlebitis, artery puncturing, extravasation, and hematoma.
- For avoiding the infection, the small cap on the cannula’s outside always remains closed. The tourniquet approx 5-10cm is used above the cannulation site to aid select the right vein.
- Before and after the administration of the injection, the cannula is washed with the help of normal saline. It is recommended that the cannula be changed after 72 hours.
It can be concluded that cannulas are vital in settings in a clinical way because a cannula is a small plastic tube that can be generally inserted into the vein to supply medication and fluids directly to the bloodstream. Thus, distinctive types of cannulas are available for specific purposes.