6 Ways To Lose Belly Fat
Notice that little bulge in your stomach which you have been ignoring till now? Can’t wear your favorite LBD or your favorite pair of jeans anymore? Thinking of losing the belly fat and flaunting washboard abs instead? Well, don’t fret! You have come to the right place as we reveal here 6 ways to lose belly fat effectively.
Apart from stealing your chance to flaunt an hour-glass figure, the stomach bulge also gives rise to serious health problems like diabetes, metabolic syndrome and heart diseases. Some of the primary reasons for stomach fat accumulation are over eating, lack of physical exercise and slow metabolic activity.
If you really want to make a difference, then it is important to follow a healthy diet with a proper exercise regime, which can also include aerobics and yoga. Loosing stomach fat in order to get washboard abs is not as difficult as many people tend to believe. You can’t lose the excess fat overnight as it definitely demands a disciplined and intensive approach to achieve your goal.
Moreover, it’s practically impossible to reduce abdomen fat by decreasing the total body fat percentage. In this article, I have compiled 6 important tips which will help you to lose stomach fat quickly and effectively!
Whether you are planning to reduce your overall body fat or specifically reduce your waist line, it is imperative to keep yourself hydrated all day long. Keep a water bottle/sipper beside you and remember to drink water frequently. This will keep you invigorated and reduce your craving for sugar laden beverages. In a month, you will notice a remarkable difference. Start your day with drinking a warm glass of lemon water with honey or salt. This will help in cutting down the excess fat from your body.
There is no better way to burn the stomach fat than rigorously following an effective exercise regime. In order to build your abdominal muscle and burn the excess fat, you need to work out daily or at least 5 times in a week. Try to do full body exercises like push-ups, pull ups and rope jumping. This way you can lose around 500 to 600 calories every day. You need to perform different sets of exercises in moderation, including weight bearing exercises and brisk walking or jogging. Additionally, you need to actively pursue some non-weight bearing exercises like biking or rowing.
Side stretching can also help you to lose tummy fat.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Raise one arm above your head and lean to your left side as far as possible.
- Repeat the same with your other arm. You will feel a strain at the side of your belly; don’t be alarmed.
- Lie down straight on your back and put a thin support in between your thighs.
- Then, slowly raise your left leg straight towards the ceiling without bending the knees for at least 20 seconds.
- Repeat the same step with your right leg.
- Repeat this procedure at least 5 to 8 times.
You will also need to include cardio exercises in your daily workout routine to lose the excess fat from your stomach. Practice cardio exercise daily for 20 minutes for at least 5 times a week. You can try any of these exercises like bouncing in the trampoline, dancing, running, jogging – any activity which keeps you physically mobile.
One of the most effective methods to flatten your stomach is interval training, which incorporates short bursts of high intensity workouts for a certain period of time and follows it with a low intensity exercise. An example of such training is jogging for around 5 minutes followed by sprinting for 2 minutes. Then, again slow down the jogging session and then do full sprint for around 2 to 3 minutes.
The type of foods you include in your diet determines your waist size and hence, the extent of fat accumulation in your stomach. Natural foods like whole grain breads and white meat should be included in your diet.
Include healthy fruits and vegetables like carrots, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, apple, oranges, broccoli, pineapple and salads in your daily diet.
- Avoid junk food and high, empty calories food items like cookies, jam and jellies.
- Fast food is the worst enemy in the battle against stomach fat.
- Sugar is considered as the biggest reason of bulging stomach, so reduce your sugar intake.
- Most of the junk food contains refined carbs and sugar which elevates the blood sugar level.
- Avoid aerated drinks like soda and carbonated drinks as they contain more calories than a banana, with no nutritional value at all.
Beer drinkers tend to have a pear shaped body type. Excessive consumption of alcohol leads to fat accumulation near your abdomen. This is because alcohol does not contain any nutrient value but only energy in the form of calories. So, all the calories consumed through alcohol are stored in the form of stomach fat. Hence say no to alcohol if you want to lose stomach fat quickly. Alcohol also stresses the liver to overwork to eliminate the toxins from your body.
Stress and anxiety can cause the over production of certain hormones like cortisol, which increases weight gain around the belly region. Here are some easy yet effective ways for combating stress everyday:
- Adopt a good sleeping pattern. We all need at least 7 hours of adequate sleep every day.
- Don’t get stressed out; learn to relax and unwind.
- Indulge regularly in a spa or aromatherapy session to keep the stress at bay.
Starving for longer period of time induces the body into a catabolic state, which means that the body breaks down muscle tissues for energy and starts conserving fat. Rather than eating three large meals, switch to five small meals. Smaller portions will keep you satiated for a longer period of time and will keep you away from hunger pangs.